Joined: 25 Apr 2006
|Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:27 am Post subject: Trouble Shooting- New Messages but no Light
|“I had New Messages but the Light was not on.”
The VMS communicates with the phone system through a series of codes in order to light the MW light on the phone and/or turn it off. When a new message is left, the VMS sends a unique code that tells the phone system to light the light. When the message is heard (and then deleted or saved), a second unique code is sent to tell the phone system to turn off the light. Each code is sent only once after the particular action occurs. In the case where a mailbox has multiple new messages (all unheard), the VMS will not send a code to the phone system to light the MW light with each new message – since it believes the light is already lit. Occasionally, certain circumstances will result in the phone system not lighting the MW light, which requires the user to perform this function manually.
The following are the proper steps to reset the codes in the system.
1. Log into your mailbox
2. Listen to all new messages and either save or delete the messages, then hang-up
3. Leave yourself a new test message, then hang-up
4. Sign back into your mailbox and delete the test message, then hang-up
5. Leave yourself a second test message, then hang-up
6. The MW light should now be activated.
7. Sign back into your mailbox and delete the second test message, then hang-up